Monday, August 07, 2006

Monday's Random Thoughts (8/7/06)

I hope to do this every week, just post some random thoughts that aren't long enough for their own article every Monday. Also, don't forget that you can leave comments to anything I post by clicking on the "comments" link at the bottom of each post!


1. Football is back! The Hall of Fame game was last night. I was told both teams played terribly, which is hardly surprising since its early in the preseason and, well, it was the Eagles and Raiders. Neither team will do anything this year.

2. On a Fantasy Baseball note, I hate the world. I just recently traded Carlos Zambrano for Ichiro Suzuki in my PLUS league because I was loaded at SP. Well, since the trade went through 3 of my 6 starters have went down with injuries. Brandon Webb and Justin Verlander were the unexpected ones, while I wasn't really surprised that Ben Sheets left his game in the first inning, it still really hurts. I doubt I could reverse that trade now. :(

3. Atlanta Braves catching prospect Jarrod Saltalamacchia is turning his season around finally. He's 14 for his last 34 with 6 XBH and 11 walks. I'm not a Braves fan, but here's to hoping this continues, if only because it'll be funny to see how announcers screw up his name when he makes the majors.

4. Michigan's Recruiting Class is shaping up nicely. Ryan Mallet is the obvious star of the class thus far, but they're still in on quite a few top players. This may turn out to be their best class in years.

5. I hate you, Jim Hendry. That is all.

6. I now hate you even more, Jim Hendry, after reading that you really want to resign Juan freakin' Pierre. Anything over $3 million/year is overpaying him, and you'll probably give him $36 million over 4 years. Or more. At least I think your plan is starting to become clear:

1. Acquire/keep fast players that can't hit
2. ?????
3. SUCCESS!!!

7. My copy of Pro Football Prospectus came in the mail at the end of last week. Its really a fantastic read, and if you're in a fantasy football league that hasn't drafted yet, its a must buy. Its written by the great people at FootballOutsiders.com, who are basically the football equivalent of Baseball Prospectus.

8. Matt Leinart is an idiot. He gets drafted in the PERFECT spot, a team with two of the best receivers in the game and one of the best RBs in the game. The QB is a stiff and if the wind blows wrong he might get injured. Leinart is as close to NFL ready as any QB this side of Peyton Manning coming out of college. He needed to tell his agent "I don't care what you do, but I have to be in camp when it starts". Its looking like he's going to have an extended holdout and it could kill the first couple years of his career. Maybe it'll work out for him in the long run, but it seems really stupid right now.

9. Finally, congratulations to The Ewoks of the Coca-Cola Adult/Youth League at Arrowhead Bowl on winning the league. After a fierce battle for first place through the whole league, The Ewoks faced off against the mighty Pink Ladies in a battle to end all battles last night. The Ewoks prevailed by taking the first and third games, along with the series. So, way to go guys! ...I'm sure me shooting 107 pins over my average helped a bit, too. Hehe. Also, Jimmy Buffett still rules and I still hate Jim Hendry. Goodnight.

1 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Joey Siefers said...

Ewoks fuckin rule. It'll be interesting when we get our trophies, how many people will actually clap for us, since everyone but one team hates us, lol.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home